Monday, November 22

Getting Real

I set up this blog with the optimistic purpose of putting nice, fun and happy things in it as a way of helping me cope with my depression. But I have been struggling this past year. There have been many long spells of no writing at all on my blog. That's because those were the times when I really can't think of something happy to write about. And if I'm sad, I can't pretend to be happy and write some happy stuff hoping that I'll get happy. It just doesn't work that way for me.

So, it did take a long time for me to come to terms that its "okay" to write about sad things in my blog too. Since, life really isn't always only about chocolate and sweets, but also about banana skins and more banana skins and other "sucky" stuff that happen to you,..well I figured it was time for me to 'get real'.

really?

Approximately one year ago, I made a decision to sing a 'new song', to invite you to join me in this journey. I think it wouldn't be a real journey if it didn't have potholes and detours of its own right? So, there is change ahead in the contents of my blog, I will try to be as honest, truthful and REAL as I can.

1 comment:

  1. take it easy dear:) god will show u the light:) life alway ups n downs, u will be alright after all the banana skins n then more sweets awaiting u infront:)

    ReplyDelete